So it was a long weekend, thank God...I needed the sleep after being a bit under the weather.
I couldn't really sleep in Saturday, so Sunday I got my chance. It was 11 o'clock and I was stuck in the nice 'lucid dream' state, the one where you don't want to be woke up because you know that you'll never get back there...that's when I heard the noise.
I was woke up by the sound of something plastic being tossed around on the floor. My first reaction was "what did Walter get into now?". And how right is a mother's instinct? I sat straight out of bed and fumbled around for my glasses to see what was awry. Yes it was Walter, my own personal alarm clock, but what was he playing with? His measuring scoop for his dry food that was neatly tucked away on the counter top in a corner (in the kitchen may I add). How's that for a personalized alarm clock? Instead of buzzing incessantly it's 'FEED ME...FEED ME!!! MOM! MOM! HERE'S MY FOOD SCOOP, IT'S TIME TO FEEEED ME!".
Wonderful ain't it? Especially on the long weekend.
Later that night, Mike and I fell asleep lying on the couch. I forgot to give Walter his last meal of the evening (usually 10-11 o'clock), though it was in the back of my head to do that as I stumbled off the couch and into bed, but I didn't get that chance....yet again.
Once more, I was woke up, but this time, it was some sort of crumpling noise. Again, I sat straight up and followed the noise to the kitchen. There was Walter, trying to uncrumple his bag of dry food that he, once again, stole off the kitchen counter. It's nice to know that I will always have my personal reminder for the priorities in life....
I fed him, and we went off to bed.
Tuesday, September 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment