Again this morning, I was abruptly woken up at 5:52, an exact TEN minutes prior to my alarm clocks specified set time of going off. Not happy. I could hear Walters little feet investigating something on my nightstand. I opened my eyes to see a burred image of a cat (I am almost legally blind without the use of modern day eye wear) and I immediately picked him up off the nightstand and placed him on the floor. I tried falling back asleep, but then my alarm clocked stepped up to the job it was originially programmed to do and woke me up, again. I stretched out my right arm to blindly fumble around for my glasses that I placed on the stand the night before, but there were no glasses to be felt. I rolled over and squinted my eyes so I could somewhat see the outlines of the other clutter that takes up my nightstand, but still couldn't manage to see the glasses. Where could they be?!? Could I have knocked them off the stand during somesort of seizure like activity the night before? Perhaps I fell asleep with them still on and they gracefully crept off my face and landed somewhere between the pillows or on the floor.
Thank goodness for contact lenses, after putting them in, I searched throughout the linens and pillows, under the bed, around the nightstand, in the nightstand, in Walters bed and kennel....nothing...NOTHING!
This isn't the first time he's done something like this, and I should have known it was coming as I have caught him red-handed chewing on my glasses before. Two weeks ago he stole my boyfriends wallet off the kitchen table. Both of us even came home early to take a look around the house for it incase we had to run to the registry office to get him a new drivers liscense, but thankfully we found it, burried amongst the shoes at the front door.
I guess I'm just going to have to hide my valuables from my "Clepto Cat" Walter.

No comments:
Post a Comment